Sunday, July 13, 2008

Free Billecart Salmon Brut or roast goose in Hong Kong?

I must boast, I flew to Hong Kong yesterday, but my flight was delayed by nearly three hours.
We were given a voucher for food at the airport to tide us over for the wait, but all I could think about was that nothing was going to replace the roast goose I should have been eating on my arrival in Hong Kong… so we had Champagne. It was only just midday on Saturday but hey, we were on holidays!

More news to come from Hong Kong
~Lots of yum cha (dim sum in HK)
~Tomorrow night is L’Atelier Joel Robuchon. Will it be as good as the Paris original that I visited last year?
~Tonight is Hutong. Many food writers that I respect think that this place was overlooked for the Top 50 restaurants of the world list (it would be the highest ranking Chinese if listed) I’m looking forward to the chilli of Hutongs food, to clear out the head cold I developed just before the trip, just typical!

Stay tuned…

4 comments:

  1. You must try the roast goose at Yung Kee - absolutely to die for. Also, dim sum at Dim Sum in Happy Valley is brilliant.

    We had a specatacular meal at Pearl at the Peak, too. I stronly reccommend a decent level of inebriation before attempting to ride the peak tram home, though - it is utterly terrifying (though quite fun through a haze of booze!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that 2 in the JEALOUS stakes!! Vida x

    ReplyDelete