Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank god for Melbourne markets

I'm still sorting through various holiday photos and found this doozy from my last visit to New Zealand.
Yes, a single celeriac for NZ$13.31!
The week before our trip I had made a celeriac remoulade at home in Melbourne and was craving it again, until I saw this celeriac at a supermarket in Christchurch.
The main sign noted that it was a product of New Zealand so the crazy price just doesn't make any sense. Its $10 more expensive than the celeriac I had brought in Australia.
No wonder none of the kiwis I spoke to knew what celeriac was, I bet these headed to the supermarket rubbish bin eventually once they were too old for sale.
Who would buy this... for $13? Just crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, unbelievable, so expensive and such a waste if those fat celeriac go into the bin!

    ReplyDelete