Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little 'pick me up'

As the winter-like weather intimidates us into staying close to home, it's of perfect solace if your local is as cold-weather-agreeable as mine.

Rustic Italian food, hearty serves, an open fire place, friendly staff and a changing, inspired wine list, oh and the best thing, I can easily walk there. Carlisle Wine Bar is my true local, I've written about it before and dine there often - especially in winter.

So it is with a happy heart that I share my April Dish of the Month.

Tiramisu - Carlisle Wine Bar

Dessert is something that a rarely order in a restaurant, I usually greedily get through an appetiser then entree, main and sides before cheese, so dessert just doesn't stand a chance, but on Monday evening instead of venturing out into the chill, we procrastinated with a serve of tiramisu.

A generous set mound of the mascarpone, coffee and booze soaked savoiardi combo was served with a dusting of good cocoa powder and a coffee essence. The tiramisu had been made traditionally in a large pan and scooped with a large kitchen spoon and dolloped onto the plate. Its texture was marshmallow like with a coffee hit on the palate and a tingle of alcohol.
An absolute bargain at $10.50.

Just enough to happily set us out onto the street for the brisk walk home.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was with you!!! Girlfriend and I had the tasting platter of dessert but were so full hardly finished it... such a shame... I wonder if they are open for lunch, I mean whilst I am in the street and all.... Vida x

    ReplyDelete