Friday, January 2, 2009

Australian Food Twitterers?

I've decided that I need to become a bit more techi. There is an expectation when you have a blog that you actually understand how all this stuff works, I don't, I just love food but have decided that I should give twittering a go.

So as they ask, what am I doing now?

Have a look at the column to the right of this, and have a look.

Apparently it's addictive but I'm not in the habit yet to send in my moment by moment food experiences. I've noticed that other international food bloggers are uploading 'what am I doing now's' every few hours!

I'm yet to find other Australian food twitterers.
If you're one, say hi and I'll follow your every meal... perhaps maybe I am addicted!

7 comments:

  1. I've been playing with it a bit too - http://twitter.com/crazybrave

    Could find you there, though, what's your twitter ID?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hi there!
    Great, found you and 'followed' so you should be able to see me (not sure of the id...?) but it looks like you can look at my side bar and click the 'follow me on Twitter' thing and go through.
    Thanks for that I, have now found other food bloggers that I know as well.
    Cheers
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addictive. But does that make you Twits? Ed's into it, but there's been dead air since he ventured out of Chennai. He links it into facebook so you can read his guff in your facebook live feed.

    I'm resisting the urge for Twitivation - not enough time - and the thing is, does anyone (other than my crazy, possesive mother) really care to know what I'm up to/thinking all day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sticky, got your mojo back yet?

    I know what you mean about - who cares... but I have began following a few international food bloggers and have felt so much closer and inspired by them by seeing the short posts.
    I guess thats what EwJ is about for me so, this is another opportunity for someone to be inspired by access to good food through my eyes (or is that my tummy?)
    I'm enjoying it so far, we'll see what happens.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for asking Jack - my appetite is returning but not so the cooking mojo. I have been cooking everything from stuffed zuccini, traditional Vietnamese fare to Zarzuela and pavlovas, but not really deriving any pleasure nor motivation from the process. Bugger. Enjoy your twittering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jack! I joined Twitter (in order to follow the daily thoughts of the incomparable Stephen Fry) but find I don't write anything on it myself... between writing the blog and updating my facebook status fairly regularly for my friends, and find I can never be bothered twittering. I will follow you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, you can set up twitter to become your facebook status automatically (via the twitter application on facebook)

    ReplyDelete