Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Warm, sticky chocolate rugelach

This morning, after a couple of laps around the tan, my tummy was beginning to rumble and fresh bagels where on my shopping list on the way home. I popped in to Glicks on Carlisle St and was excited to see the queue wasn't as long as it can often be, but it was just long enough to watch groups of teenage boys eagerly scrabbling over trays of chocolatey pastries. When I had secured my soy and linseed bagels I pucked up the courage to ask about them, I was told that they were rugelach and that I better get some. So I did, and they were warm! My PDC in the car and I scoffed one down as we drove home. Very happy, but thank goodness for the run prior!
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Ok, tomorrow morning I get up, walk down the back streets to Carlisle Street, get these chocolate beauties and try the coffee at Batch. After getting our BBQ supplies at Leon's today, I asked Luis to keep driving so I could see where Batch was, so now I know where to go to for my coffee. xxx

    ReplyDelete