Thursday, July 26, 2007

All is not well at Nobu?

I've only been back in the country for a week but friendly hospitality banter tells me all is not well at Nobu.
Unconfirmed reports tell that Ben Jager the GM has given notice and a few key local staff were sacked yesterday.
Apparently the 'cookie cutter' formula of bringing Nobu to Melbourne, as put some staff at loggerheads with the long term Nobu staff, who have been brought in from around the world. The local expertise shall we say, was a little disregarded.
Makes me a tad cautions of dining there too soon. Ed seem to have a good time, but maybe I'll wait.
Jack

5 comments:

  1. How things change in a day. The fact sheet from Wednesday had him as GM. It must be frustrating with the place crawling with overseas people. I saw Ben on Monday and Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!
    It's been lovely following your travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed
    Openings can be firey, but I was surprized at the news. I do hope they get smoothed over soon as I look forward to dining there.

    Truffle
    Cheers, I'm still catching up on my local blogger reading and have your travels through Spain on my must read list.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a load of rotten squash. Better find out the facts Jack. I heard Jack is leaving the blog? Pass it on. PS Tapas is gay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vince
    What can I say, the information was very current when posted and I believe it has now changed and mostly sorted itself out.
    In regards to the tapas comment, I didn't get it the first or now the second time...??
    Cheers
    Jack

    ReplyDelete