Sunday, July 29, 2007

Some beautiful food photos from France and Spain

Hope you enjoy some of these beautiful food related photos from my recent trip.

Striped heirloom tomatoes from a Paris market.

I've titled this 'blushing salad', one of the 15 courses I ate at Mugaritz a few weeks ago. It was a pretty little herb and blossom salad on top of a emmentel cheese broth. As I gently moved the leaves to begin eating, the baby vegetables hiding underneath, namely the beetroot moved and tinted the broth this pretty colour. (All the Mugaritz experience to come)

These picture perfect ceps were just sitting on the bar in San Sebastian, Spain.

Fruit jellies in Lyon, France.

This one is for PDC, I think we took more photos of this hill than at the Louvre.

Some jamon with prices in Euros at the La Boqueria market, Barcelona.

Pimms in London...


Wild Strawberries at Cal Pep, Barcelona, just before they were put in the bottom of one of the 'foams'.

Perhaps not a beautiful photo, but a beautiful dish at Gandarias, San Sebastian, Spain. The leg of a suckling pig that was roasted until the skin was crispy and the flesh soft and falling from the bone. Simple delicious food.
Hope you enjoyed them.
Jack

8 comments:

  1. I did enjoy them, of course! Especially the blushing salad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos Jack, except maybe the trotter, the rest looked very tasty. Keep them coming! V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy
    The blushing salad is my favourite as well.
    Vida
    I know not beautiful, but absolutely mouth wateringly good!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spent my whole life eating pork so I know what you mean. Last 17 years Mum and Dad (both passed now) had a farm in Shepparton and we ate "Dad's" pork and there is nothing like it, we cooked our last piece for Dad's wake... sad on so many counts.... V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how food can offer so many strong, fond memories, be them significant and beautiful such as yours Vida or fun and holiday spirited like these images mean to me.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food is a sharing of love, absolutely something I love to do. Friends joked at the wake "food at Vida's place, gee that is odd"... I could not imagine not sharing food with family and friends in good times and in sad times, my mother gave me that gift and I give it to my daughters, I am forever grateful to my beautiful parents. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures are fantastic!!When I was in Barcelona , I tried Wild Strawberries at Cal Pep,m m m, it was really delicious.

    ReplyDelete