Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bookings at Tempura Hajime

Just a quick post to gloat about some upcoming reservations at Tempura Hajime.
I haven't tried to make a reservation at Tempura Hajime since the huge number of comments on multiple blogs, that they are booked out months ahead. So when I made a random phone call in early November and was told that they were booked out until the new year I was determined to make a booking for January. So on advise from the voice on the phone I called on the first of the month to book for the month following... with success. I am now the proud holder of not one but two 4pax reservations for different days in January.
The funny thing is I don't even know who PDC and I will be dining with yet, but can't wait to compare it with my experiences in March and April.
The funnier thing is, that I am pretty confident it will be just as good, if not better, as after I gave my contact details for the bookings and was asked if I had dined before Noriko asked "Is that the Jackie that dined with Simon?" I can't believe it, she remembered talking with us 9 months ago and remembered my name to identify me this time on the phone.
As I said in my older post, old fashioned quality service is alive and well in South Melbourne.
Jack
NB Do you think there is dollar value to be said for a confirmed 4pax on a Saturday night at Tempura Hajime? Could it be a Menu for Hope contender?

4 comments:

  1. oooh, congratulations:) And soo nice to hear about some real 'welcome back' kinda service nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that sounds amazing! I actually made a booking today and I thought they would be booked out for months, but offered me this Friday night.

    Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going next week. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dined earlier in the month and am taking some Hajime virgins tomorrow night as well.
    Plan to post after tomorrow on both the return visits but essentially nothing changes, if only it gets better as they recognise me.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete