Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Tuna and Bean Salad

Amnesty Post

I make this salad quite often but it has been maing a more regular appearance at my house, as PDC is training like a mad man for up coming half marathons. Lots of healthy protein, low GI, fresh and tastes amazing. All the boxes are ticked.


My Tuna and Bean Salad
1 tin sliced (or at least chunky) tuna - the fancy bottled preserved tuna I brought last week at Mediterranean Wholesalers is at the highest end of the pantry tuna scale
1 tin Edgel 4 bean mix - the other mixed bean brands are too stodgy
1 handful of raw green beans
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
2 stems spring onions
1 hot red chilli
EVOO
Sherry vinegar
S+P
Rinse and drain the tinned beans
Chop the cherry tomatoes and finely slice the green beans, spring onion and chilli
Toss together the beans, tomato, green beans, spring onion, chilli and tuna
Add a splash of EVOO, sherry vinegar and season well
Eat immediately but leave a small bowl in the fridge for a loved one to munch on later.

1 comment:

  1. That looks dangerously similar to what I eat after the gym. Good to know I'm not fooling myself after a work out.

    ReplyDelete