Thursday, November 13, 2008

Umm, it's nice but a bit sweet...

Quote of the day, and possibly my year.

Today I did a cooking demonstration at my local market, Prahran; it's a regular gig that I am finding fun and love chatting about food with shoppers.
Part of my recipes today were some Anzac biscuits that I prepared and baked.

A lovely old lady approached and a politely asked if she could taste, as she threw her hand forward towards the unbaked biscuit tray.

I tried to protest, "no they are not baked, have one of these" gesturing towards the rack of warm chewy cookies.

She didn't respond.

Did she hear me, I question internally.

"No, no they are not cooked" I more pointedly reason, again no response, and then she had the disk of biscuit dough in her hand.

At this stage, the thing is I could yelp and wrestle her (a 80 year old fragile women) for the oat and coconut mix or just let her go with a smile.

I did the second. And turned away as I giggled to myself and another shopper, as they watched in amazement at the cute audibly challenged woman.

"Umm, its nice but a bit sweet" the lovely lady assured me, as she tootled off munching on her cookie dough.

"Did she just take from the unbaked tray", they asked.

"Yes" I smirked, "perhaps have these baked ones instead".

1 comment:

  1. I am that 'old' lady. My dentures are now in for repair. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete