Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mums Laksa


No, not my Mums laksa, she uses Christine Manfields paste. This is 'Mums Laksa' from newly opened Laksa Me. Though not brothy as I was expecting, it had a rich, spicy headyness that coated the texturually fabulous silky noodles. The noodles were so perfect I can only image they were made fresh in-house.
I also have to share with you the very cute table setting with the chopstick rest being a peanut in its shell.


Check it out, Laksa me offers fantastic value for money.
Jack

5 comments:

  1. Oooh...I've been twice for lunch and never had the peanut chopstick thingo. Perhaps they only do that for dinner?!

    Yes, I too loved the My Mum's Laksa, and lamented the lack of extra soupy broth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So John Lethlean reviewed today, but no Laksa (and no cute little peanut table settings in the printed image)! Very quick strange review, I am surprized at the 14 score considering the review but unfortunately these things aren't always as perhaps 'Black and White' as we would like. Politics can get involved.
    Have any other lucky Laksa Me diners noticed any other inconsistancies with the review and their experience?
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. our ipoh laksa was good but no peanut chopstick holder for me either. maybe they are still refining things?

    my review agreed with Leathlean's in terms of the calamari salad, but I think the sticky rice was fantastic...and there were 2 asian diners saying that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we went my friend also had my mum's laksa and agrees that even though he thoroughly enjoyed it, there was not enough of it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see you love your passion.Because you surprise me and mum every time we visit you.Happy birthday on the 18th see you then.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete