Monday, June 11, 2007

Eating at Jack's... and PDC's

In anticipation of the much awaited trip, permanent dining companion (PDC) and I have been cooking up a European storm.
Dishes have included, steak tartare- raw hand minced organic eye fillet, mixed with raw egg, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, capers, shallots, cornichons... I forget the rest. Its PDC’s favourite to make, hence the insistance of the kiwi beer in the background of this photo.


We then had duck confit. I admit it; we cheated and brought the prepared duck legs from Parisienne Pates on Lygon Street.


I often buy bits and pieces from there; pate, terrine, sausages and cheese. It’s easy dinner party food for the time poor and fussy like me. We had the duck legs with braised du puy lentils and some caramelised Brussels sprouts and bacon (as if there wasn’t enough saturated fat in the pan!).


Though it seems fancy, this was quite an easy, delicious dinner and importantly not too much to clean up after!
Jack

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. Where will you be travelling to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Truffle.
    PDC and I will be mainly in France and Spain for 3 weeks. Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Barcelona and San Sebastian are on the visit list. We already have a number of reservations at amazing restaurants, of which I promise to post.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh sounds fantastic! I am off to Barcelona next week but still a little sad we won't be making it to France. I look forward to reading about your visit!

    ReplyDelete